Best Places to Visit in North Goa & South Goa
Lets have a look on some very famous and Best places to visit in GOA. It includes Beaches, Markets and more.
Places to visit in North Goa
GOA is surely famous for its beaches, nightlife, weather, and markets. You can find several great places to visit in north goa as beaches, restaurants, churches and more. North Goa and South Goa are the main attraction points in GOA. North Goa has some of the most beautiful beaches in Goa. Dona Paula, Calangute, Baga and Miramar Beach are popular beaches of North Goa. Mentioned below are some best places to visit in GOA. This city is home to a number of tourist attractions like Fort Aguada, Basilica of Bom Jesus and Se Cathedral. Let’s discuss it in detail.
Sightseeing around North Goa:- You can begin with a visit to “Cidade de Goa”, the original name given to the ‘city of Goa’ which was established long back and now it is called “Old Goa”. Pay homage to the Basilica Bom Jesus, which is dedicated to Infant Jesus. The church has the sacred remains of St Francis Xavier. Also, visit other churches of North Goa including St Cajetan, St Francis of Assisi, Se Cathedral and Church of St. Monica.
Visit the Museum of Christian Art, which is one of its kind museum in Asia. The museum holds a collection of items like gold and precious stones and Rosaries. You can visit Archeological Museum.
The mansion houses a treasure of artifacts. Also, walk through the city and flip back the pages of the Portuguese days. Do visit the bustling markets of Goa and shop for gifts and souvenirs.
Other Places to visit in North GOA:
• Dolphin Trip (Seasonal): An exciting pleasure cruise along the River Mandovi where one can sight closely the frolicking dark graceful water beauties
• Aguada Fort & Lighthouse: Fort Aguada and its lighthouse is a well-preserved seventeenth-century Portuguese fort settled on the Sinquerim beach, overlooking the vast expanses of Arabian Sea.
• Vagator Beach: Picturesque beach with enchanting loneliness and scenic grandeur. The tourist traffic is predominantly Western backpackers; however, it has also become popular with Indian tourists, who particularly come to watch the sunset from the rocks.
• Anjuna Beach: Popularly known as “Hippies Paradise”, Anjuna is a small Village in Goa which is famous for its picturesque locale and the Party culture.
• Calangute Beach: It is Goa’s most famous Golden beach. Also, it’s the busiest and most commercial beach in Goa, it is full of foreigners tanning themselves on the endless rows of side-by-side sun lounges.
South Goa including Colva Beach, Mangeshi Temple, Santa Durga Temple and some more attractions. Begin with a visit to Margao, the capital of Salcette taluka and headquarters of the South Goa district.
Visit the historical “Largo de Igreja”, the Church square of Margao, which once used to be its colonial quarter.The church is one of the finest examples of Indian Baroque style of architecture.
“Ancestral Goa”, which is a re-creation of Goan rural life. Also, the village has the number of artifact centers, art galleries, and open-air museums. There is a laterite sculpture of Saint Mirabai in the village, which is one of the longest laterite sculptures in India.
Check out the famous Goa Tour Packages at Tourtravelogy.com: